The online kick-off meeting of the research project “Intelligent cyberthreat detection and privacy protection system” with the acronym: Cyber-pi and code T2EDK-01469 took place on Friday 29th of May 2020. During the meeting the two partners discussed about the requirements and the timetable of the project and committed themselves so that it will be implemented on time and in the best possible way.
The aim of the research project is the development of a software product that will be addressed to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in order to protect their digital data and information systems from cyber-attacks. The software will use an innovative intelligent system, tailored to the needs of each organization, in order to prevent cyber-attacks and mitigate their impact.
Cyber-pi is based on 4 pillars of the cybersecurity area and aims to:
- Optimize the process of detecting violations, making it faster and more targeted
- Model and automate the process of rules generation to identify privacy breaches
- Increase staff awareness for privacy breaches
- Automatically intervene in information systems that it monitors in order to prevent attacks and limit their impact against privacy.
Project duration: 30 months, starting from 12/5/2020.
The consortium is consisted by:
– Innovative Secure Technologies (Project coordinator), a spin-off company that provides innovative and smart information security services for other companies.
– Tessera Multimedia S.A. that activates in the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) sector (web, mobile and multimedia applications).
The action “Research-Develop-Innovate” is co-funded by the European Regional Development Fund under the Operational Program Competitiveness – Entrepreneurship – Innovation (NSRF 2014-2020). It is running under the Operational Programme Competitiveness Entrepreneurship and Innovation (EYDEPAPEK) and the Special Management and Implementation Authority for Research, Technological Development and Innovation Actions by the Ministry of Education, Research and Religious Affairs (MIA-RTDI).